Author Spotlight 2021

 

Author Spotlight 2021 Mr. James Cipollina


     
   

Book Review 
The Eyedroids by James Cipollina- Was an interesting picture book and had very simple and colorful illustrations that were very well done. The blend of colors and how he expressed the emptions of this alien creatures he called Eyedroids was good. What the book was lacking was a solid storyline and it did not have any story Arc. It also lacked a hero that a reader can follow and grow with. It did do a decent job of bringing this creatures to life but the lack of storyline was a bit disappointing. overall as a reader I can give him 3 stars.   
                                      



Biography

    Hi, I am James Cipollina and the Author of The Eyedroids. Which was self-published in 2011 and is for sale on all online retailers. I have a second book The Adventures of Sammie the snail. Which is not published yet but finished. I also have a third book, The Adventures of Charlie the crumb. Which is still in the works. I never went to college for writing or illustration. But come from a long line of artists. My Father and mother and older brother are all amazing artists. I kind of became a children's book author by accident. I have always been able to draw and I happen to draw a picture for a little kid I knew. Well, that was the start of The Eyedroids. That first picture is in the book as the King who is exploring under water.  The Eyedroids are like aliens that live in another world. It is about studying hard and their lives.  My experience was a learning one. I had never published a book before but found it interesting and exciting. Which lead me to continue to make Children's books. I have two brothers that I am close with. I am also married to my wife Ricky and currently live in Bellmore NY. I am constantly drawing and coloring with color pencils. I have a comic strip which is called Bite Me. Which is satie on pop culture. I am also an Actor and standup comedian I have been working the club scene in Manhattan for 10 years. You can find my comedy on youtube under James Cipollina. I have been in four off Broadway plays. The last one I produced and directed. I also have a talk show on youtube under James Cipollina The Loft. Thank you.

 

Questions

1.    Who inspired you to become an author/ illustrator? Please explain.

2.    Why did you want to get involved in the Children book industry?

3.    How long did it take for your book to be published and available to everyone?

4.    What was the inspiration beyond your book?

5.    Please talk about the publishing process you went through.

6.    What are your favorite books and why?

7.    If you can have tea with any famous figure in history who would that be?  

8.    Do you have other books you have written?

9.    What kind of future do you believe the book industry has?

10. Are you working on any new projects right now or soon?

11. What kind of advice would you give for inspirational writers and illustrators?

12.  Please share any last thoughts with our audiences.

Answers

1 My father and mother and older brother all encouraged me.

 

2 my cartoons were perfect for children and I wanted to entertain them. 

 

3 My first book from start to when it was published took eight years.

 

4 I have always been inspired by the Art's. I have always appreciated all the Art's and Children's books.

 

5 I self-published my book. It had to be converted from drawings on paper and story to be digital. One I did that through Microsoft publishing I sent it to my publisher Author House.

 

6 My favorite books are choosing your own and Dr. Seuss. The illustration's in Dr. Seuss were very inspirational to me as a child.

 

 I could have tea with any famous figure from history it would Abraham Lincoln.

 

8 I have my second book The Adventures of Sammie the snail and I am still working on my third book The Adventures of Charlie the crumb.

 

9 I think the book industry will continue to thrive. Even with all the digital things out there. There is nothing like turning the pages of a book.

 

10 I am working on two new projects right now. Bite Me which is a satire comic strip on Pop culture. Also, The Adventurous tales of Arthur Angel which is a comic strip about a Superhero who is also handicapped.

 

11 As a children's book author it is always important to check with your inner child. If you inner child and gut says it is good, then go with it.

 

12 I have been doing children's books and children based comic strips for almost 20 years. I find it a privilege and a labor of love. I continue to find inspiration in writing and illustration for children. 

 

 Thank you, David, for everything and wanting to know about me. 

  Thank you, James.

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Spotlight May 2021

New Author Spotlights

About me and a few book suggestions