My Books and Awards

 



My books have been recognized 

    It happened my books have been given 5-star ratings by two respected companies. I was very amazed at this. These awards made my day and I decided to share them with my audience and how I came to write these books. 

History "The Enchanted Rope"  

"The Enchanted Rope" was published in 2010 in softcover, came out in Hardcover in 2021. It has helped many people from psychologists to parents and children to overcome death. As we all know in 2020 a nasty virus hit that killed millions of people including my grandma in March 2020. My book has been on a long journey, and I look back at this and how it all began.  My book was born from three parts: a poem, my grandmother getting sick with cancer and my trip to Alaska. The poem goes like this:

Moment 

Stop by for a moment

Swing on a vine.

Sit in the Shadows.

Sing over wine.

Simple is life.

Sad is my wife. 

Stay for a moment.

Smile to the sky.

Sorrow will follow.

Something will fly.

Seconds will flow.

Sounds will rise.

Simple is good.

Now let's compromise. 

@David D Bernstein, 

Voices of the Heart" 2004

    As you see this poem looks at what we call Carpe diem. From that idea my "The Enchanted Rope was born." In my book a young boy named Jack who lost his mom to cancer finds a way to connect to her world. Since we all faced so much death in the past two years you can see how this book has become important once again. It has helped many people overcome the death of loved ones and has been used in many psychologists' offices. I am very proud of this book, and I believe it will continue to change lives as the years go on.  

History "Voices of the heart, a collection of poems. 

    My poetry book first published in 2004 with two parts full of my poetry.  Yet my journey started long before this happened when I came to America in 1981. I opened my eyes and saw poetry in everything around me.  Just imagine the amazement of a seven-year-old boy and the culture shock he experienced when he left the Soviet Union where there was no freedom but full Governet control of everything a person does and how they live. It is sad that today with corporate power and the influence of big government and China on this wonderful country of ours. I believe this has to be stopped and only we the people can do this. 

    "Voices of the Heart" combines photography and powerful poetry to look at the world from both sides. It has a huge mix of poetry from my first love to the power of nature and beyond.  I wrote this collection from middle grade to college, and it is sort of part one of my life story. It takes a reader on a journey that will not only inspire them but guide them from snap it's in my life. I was very happy to have both of my books recognized for the quality they are. Right now, I am waiting on more awards to come. Thank you all for reding journey and I am wishing you all the best in 2022.       



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Spotlight May 2021

New Author Spotlights

About me and a few book suggestions